Similar to an old thread someone started before, I bring up this 'eye candy' thread. It's based on the theme "Grand Space Opera". By observing these images, it gives you a little idea on what makes a space opera a space opera. What are the elements of making one? Perhaps I shall leave it to you, Void.

Does more spaceships mean more epic? Or is it how they are composited to a scene that makes it memorable?

The classic ideas have always been some spaceship floating serenely high above a planet. Is this the key ingredient?Is it it all about perspective? The main idea? Do explosions make for an 'epic' scene?

By adding something mundane, or something of our world, and dumping it to space (oh say... stupid whales) does that make it epic?? Does that make you the best damn science fiction writer/artist in the world because of your wildly imaginative mind??

I ask myself these questions when looking at these visually stimulating images. You can find out more about these images and the art book that was released quite some time ago...

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/grand_space_opera/




2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Does that make you the best damn science fiction writer/artist in the world because of your wildly imaginative mind??

    Hah, I'd say it does! Of course, the key's in being able to execute your imaginative ideas skillfully.

    Very nice collection, thanks for the eye candy. I do digital art, as a hobby. These make me want to go ahead and work on some of my own concepts :P

     
  3. ChrisK Says:
  4. You can find a heckuva lot more inspiration at CGSociety.org at the CGTalk forum. Thanks for dropping by! I do hope I can see your portfolio or something in the future :D I would very much like to see it!

     
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Followers

About Me

ChrisK
On and off blogger.
View my complete profile